Hyatt Banquets Operations Manager - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
Purpose: Plans, organizes and directs the service of food and beverage for group business at the Hotel.
General Requirements: The following requirements are expected of all team members:
- Demonstrate Miraval’s core values
- Incorporate safe work practices
- Provide a quality guest experience
- Be a Team Player
- Demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement and achievement of goals
- Demonstrate a high level of ethics and accountability
Financial Acumen / Integrity
Schedule and Assign duties to banquet captains and banquet staff.
- Fully coordinate events consistently as represented on BEO’s - meet or exceed client expectations.
- Conduct Pre-Event Walk-throughs, AV tests and confirm other meeting needs.
Use information from BEO’s to schedule and set-up event spaces: Move furniture, pull required banquet equipment, set up and test AV, etc.
Maintain cleanliness and organization of all banquet work spaces.
- Work with Outlets manager to schedule staff for upcoming events.
- Train and supervise banquet staff.
- Monitor event and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and organization of event stations and service.
- Maintaining awareness of liquor security, tracking consumption, and completing alcohol requisitions for banquet bars.
- Accurately record revenue in ResortSuites system based on BEO’s and consumption reports; follow responsible cash handling procedures.
- Complete breakdown of event spaces: bussing tables, clearing room, returning equipment to its proper location, restoring all reusable goods, stock, linens, etc., locking doors.
- Attend all BEO and F&B meetings.
- Confirm inventory of Tables, Chairs, Linen, Flatware, Plate ware, Glasses, Décor, etc. as requested on BEO’s. Rent Equipment and Supplies as needed. Bill client when applicable.
- Work as dining room support when needed with acquired knowledge of steps of service, product knowledge and restaurant procedures.
- Payroll Processing
Other duties as requested by Asst Director of F&B Senior Event Planning Manager, Executive Chef, Resort Manager
Perform all tasks and provide services in conformance with policies, procedures, work instructions, training, codes of conduct, recognized best practices, safety laws and regulations
- Is familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and acknowledges guests in a welcoming and friendly manner.
- When applicable, assures that all activities and programs are provided and conducted in a safe and respectful manner.
- Ensures that all confidential and financial data is maintained securely and handled in a discreet fashion.
- Makes suggestions to improve the delivery of guest services and identifies new business opportunities that will enrich our guests’ experience.
- Performs regular quality checks on events meetings and conferences to insure things are working smoothly.
- Keeps current of industry trends in sales and marketing for high end destination spa resorts.
- Supports the team by anticipating needs and providing help as necessary.
- Builds and maintains a positive relationship with other team members, wholesalers, representatives, guests, potential guests, members of the community, etc.
- Responds to all complaints and problems in a positive manner and takes action to resolve.
- Shows concern by taking action to assure that our guests have a quality experiences.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year’s experience in events or banquets
Prior hospitality experience strongly preferred.
Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of A/V equipment and food service styles.
- Creative, genuine, service driven and passionate about exceeding Guest Expectations
- Available for full time work, including weekends and evenings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Must be Certified in Food Handling Safety
- Must be physically able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., with long periods of standing, walking, carrying & lifting.
Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodation
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Food and Beverage
Req ID: TUC000333