Hyatt Equine Manager in AUSTIN, Texas
Miraval Austin (formally Travaasa Experiential Resort) sits nestled in 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve overlooking beautiful Lake Travis and just 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Our property is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and will soon include 117 guest rooms, conference facilities, a beautifully-appointed restaurant with an exhibition kitchen and outdoor patio, full-service spa with infinity edge pool, fitness center, horse stables and covered arena, farm, outdoor adventure courses, and many other facilities and amenities available to our guests at this all-inclusive resort.
During our time of growth and expansion, we are seeking an Equine Manager to join our growing team and help us get ready for our re-opening in Fall 2018. The Equine Manager will be accountable for all equine staff, all equine programming, health and welfare of the horses, and ensuring guest satisfaction and that the facility is maintained according to Miraval standards. The Equine Manager will ensure all equine equipment is maintained, will handle all guest services issues and decision making regarding the Equine Department.
- Provide leadership and facilitation; assume lead on all Equine programs.
- Ensure a safe environment for guests and staff.
- Demonstrate and incorporate mindfulness in all guest contact, program, experience and written material.
- Updating and tracking all department certifications for Equine team (CPR, Basic First Aid, Wilderness First Aid)
- Conduct interviews and hire potential team members.
- Train and guide all team members with all aspects of training and development.
- Develop new equine programs.
- Develop curriculum changes and improvements to existing programs.
- Responsible for all departmental administrative activities.
- Create and update training manuals and documents for Equine programs .
- Facilitate and conduct department meetings.
- Respond to guest complaints.
- Create budgets and forecasting of supplies and veterinary expenses.
- Organize Vendors.
- Creation of SOPs for maintenance and care of horses.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and yearly schedules for care of horses.
Maintain calendar of appointments.
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k); ESPP, and complementary and discount Hyatt room nights.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- A background in psychology or social work is preferred
- Equine Therapy background preferred
- Experience leading horseback trail rides
- Experience with experiential based facilitation
- Experience managing a herd of horses
- Comfortable with computer skills, including Excel, Word and Windows
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to communicate effectively, work as a team player and keep a positive attitude in a quickly changing environment
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: Miraval Travaasa Austin
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Golf and Recreation
Req ID: AUS003883