Hyatt Hotel Finance Manager in GURGAON, India
Description:*Scope and General Purpose of Job: *
• To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the finance functionality and ensure accuracy.
• To oversee that all local compliances are met. To oversee the use of technology in our hotels and safeguard the confidentiality of financial data.
• The position will:
• Effectively support the Hotel Finance function for hotels in India region,
• ensuring Hotels accurate and timely reporting, implementation of Policies and Procedures
• and sound Internal Control System, and bring HHC purpose to life through our brands
• Interact closely with the Operations team on various touch points (e.g
• hotel profitability, hotel openings, budgeting process and compliances)
• Take responsibility and effectively manage other projects, as the case may be
• Qualified chartered accountant with an experience of 3-4-year post qualification in hotels
• Responsible self-starter, capable of handling multi-faceted projects and of working under pressure.
• Strong communication and analytical skills, proactive problem solver.
• Team player, who values teamwork, has good team building skills and is able to
• communicate effectively with all levels of employees, and to motivate colleagues to
• achieve defined goals
• High integrity, able to nurture good relationship, encouraging innovation and challenging the status quo
• Personable and pleasant to deal with, reliable, diplomatic.
• Positive “can do” attitude and flexible approach – manages with humility.
• Understands and respects local cultural, able to adapt to changing environment.
• Good communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Effective trainer, able to facilitate at all levels
• Computer skills, particularly in the use of Hotel Finance Management systems
• Fluent English – written and spoken multi-lingual desirable.
• Acquainted with the basic political & economic environment of the markets where we
• Strong sense of adaptability, able to manage uncertainty in different cultural
• environments and adverse circumstances
Main Duties & Responsibilities:* *
• Reporting, Forecasting & Budgeting review
• Coordinate the Hotels budgeting process (Long Range Plan / Business Plan), ensure that
• Regional and Corporate guidelines are implemented
• Ensure systematic Hotel forecast process in its execution
• Ensure a timely and accurate reporting of Hotel Financial Data, assist the hotels in
• achieving financial goals
• Help in Financial Performance review
• Interpret the Hotels Key Performance Indicators, work with Regional FP&A in preparing the required reports along with comments and conclusions
• Close interaction with Asst. Director of Finance/Director of Finance India
• Follow up on financial performance clauses once it becomes effective as highlighted by
• Hyatt Legal Counsel
• Follow up on correct calculation of management fees as highlighted by the regional
• Ensure actual collection of management fees and other dues to Hyatt affiliates
• Management and/or regional Legal Counsel as necessary.
• Support the hotels within the Global Hyatt Insurance program and insurance cases
• locally, in conjunction with Corporate Risk department,
• Ensure that hotels are compliant with local legal and tax regulations
• Work closely with the IT Audit team to ensure all compliances programs and processes
• are in place.
• Keep informed the Regional team of any material deviation on Policies and Procedures so that actual follow up can be implemented
Openings •Assist in the preparation, approval and follow up on the Pre-opening budgets (POB)\ •Support the hotels in the preparation and implementation of the Critical Path •Scrutinize actual pre-opening expenses vs. approved POB •Assist in the deployment of new initiatives •Assist and Follow-up on the implementation of HHC IT initiatives
People Management •Provide adequate support to Asst DOF Hotel Finance India •Identify training needs and career opportunities, assist with training activities focused on improving skills and knowledge
• To provide a courteous and professional service and cooperation at all times
• To attend and contribute to all Meetings as required
• To attend training sessions as scheduled to improve skills and knowledge
• To adhere to the statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations, understanding and strictly adhering to rules and regulations established in the Employee handbook and the office policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety
• To ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming
• To respond to requests to undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties and to changes as dictated by the office, industry and company
Other •Additional duties and responsibilities may be added as required.
Primary Location: IN-HR-Gurgaon
Organization: Southwest Asia Regional Office
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: GUR000471
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.